Radio Engineering Research Institute (LRERI), Ukraine
Millimeter Radar Instrument
for Measurement of Land Vehicle
Movement Parameters (RIMMP)
Doppler radar for measurement of land vehicle mevement parameters
RIMMP is millimeter wave radar, which ensure the precision measurement
of movement velocity, path and time of a motion. Radar is specially designed
for application on mobile using activities with the purpose of creation
on its base navigators and control complexes of different purpose;
Radar is applied for operation in conditions of impact loads, under
vibration and in wide temperature interval. You are not mistake, when choose
radar for equipment of locomotives, wheel and crawler belt vehicles and
other using activities, which require high accuracy measurement of movement
7, Naukova St. Lviv, Ukraine
Radar consists of two separated units: receiver-transmitter
unit and measurement unit with bidirectional swapping interface RS-232.
- wave length range - 5mm;
- transmitter is designed on the base of generation on
avalanche transit time diode with driving power 50 mVt;
- antenna system cosysts of two receiver-transmitter
horns, the electrical axis of which are get out of plumb for +45° and -45°
- is designed on a base of a low-power, hight-performance
CMOS 8-bit microcomputer AT89C52;
- swapping interface - RS-232. At the customers request
the additional swapping interfaces are RS-485 and "Manchester-2";
- guarantees built-in functional control, which locate
a fault up to structurally independent unit;
- products full range of radar supply voltage;
- emission turn in - with the help of measurement block
toggle switch or after external command logical "1" of TTL level.
Data updating frequency
- movement velocity, path and time of a motion are updated
with the frequency of 10 Hz or 1 Hz;
- discretenessof reading information by customer is defined
by master swapping device. Requirements to the installation on using activity
- installation heigh - 0.5-2 m over the roadbed;
- error of receiver-transmitter unit installation angle
(relatively to horizontal plane) is not more then +-1°.
- when installing radar on using activity recalibration
on l-kilometer flat section of road is necessary. Limit of road adjustment
accuracy is 3·10-3 m.;
- customer’s software (for IBM compatible computers)
for radar recalibration and testing is available. Software for IBM-compatible
computers which permit radar initialization and adjustment, control its
type of operation, represent output information, accumulates and processes
input data is also delivered.
- relative error of movement velocity measurement (root-mean-square
deviation) - 0.1%;
- relative error of path of motion measurement (root-mean-square
deviation) - 0.1%;
- relative error of time of motion measurement (root-mean-square
deviation) - 10-3.
- 12 V or 24 V DC
- not more than 30 VA
- receiver-transmitter unit - 185×140×65 mm;
- measurement unit - 330×225×70 mm.
- operating temperature: -50°C ... +50°C;
- storage temperature: -60°C ... +60°C.
Time multiplexed mechanical impact
- 5 - 10 ms duration;
- peak impact acceleration - 20g.
- operating 5 g within the range of 10-200 Hz
- intensity - 5 mm per hour
- water content - 2-3 g/m.
Tseva E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 380 322 632550